1. Anyone who is currently registered as homeschooled or as a student in a K-12 school, college, or university, public or private, is eligible to participate in HARK. As part of the entry form, tell us if you reside in the Ark-La-Tex, attend school in the Ark-La-Tex, and how your project examines Ark-La-Tex history.
2. All entries must be the student’s own unaided work.
3. Age-groups are determined by entrant’s grade level when submitting the HARK Student Competition Entry Form.
4. Students may enter in one or multiple categories.
5. Entries must represent work that will not be published before March 2022.
1. Contestants must register their entries online at the HARK website (www.HARKfestival.com) by 5 p.m. (Central Standard Time) on October 1. No late registrations will be accepted. Unregistered entries will be turned away at check-in.
2. Complete the entry form carefully. An incomplete entry or incorrect data input may prevent your receiving a registration receipt.
3. Once registration is complete, you will be sent a registration receipt via email. Students under the age of 16 must provide an email address for a parent or teacher.
1. Final results will be announced and prizes awarded on November 13.
2. All judges’ decisions are final and non-negotiable. Judges are not required in any way to justify their decisions to contestants or members of the public.
3. Entries must achieve a minimum score to be eligible for a prize.
HARK Student Competition entrants and HARK Festival attendees (hereinafter, the “Festival Participants”) understand that participation is entirely voluntary and requires participants to abide by applicable rules and standards of conduct. Festival Participants release and agree to hold harmless HARK and its organizers and associates and volunteers, and other organizations associated with HARK (hereinafter, “HARK”) from any and all claims or liability, including but not limited to personal injury or property damage, arising from participation in HARK.
Festival Participants release to HARK the right to use Festival Participants’ personal images and entries in promotions and publications.